I’ll update this page every so often, so you’ll know what I’m up to.
- I finished The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin; I recommend it! I learned I’m an Obliger, which means I meet external expectations well but need accountability to meet inner expectations.
- Structure helps me keep my life functional, since without boundaries I’m all over the place. Summer is definitely tricky for me since it lacks the structure of a school year. Because of that I haven’t been writing as much, but I’m making an effort to get back on the ball. I don’t feel like myself when I’m not writing. Knowing I’m an Obliger helps me manage my goals.
- Bottom braces were put on. Now I’ve got a true full metal mouth. One and half to two years to go!
- Summer is in full force for my kids. Squeezing writing in around their needs is a challenge. I’m extremely thankful for air-conditioned play places, as well as for VBS and other affordable summer programs! (Here I am, writing at our dining table.)
- The local coffee shop that my writing group has been meeting in since 2016 suddenly closed without warning. One week everything was normal, and the next week the place was gutted. We were all shocked. Took a few weeks, but we found a new place to meet.
- I just checked out The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin from the library after a friend highly recommended it to me. Looking forward to digging in!
- It’s our 12th wedding anniversary this month! My husband and I didn’t intentionally plan it for Memorial Day weekend (we wanted to get married close to our college graduation date so out-of-town family could attend both), but it’s been great to have a day off of work near/on our anniversary every year so we can spend it together. Happy accident!
- I’m the primary caregiver for my two kids and also the nanny for my two nieces. A lot of work this month has gone into prepping my calendar for summer. It’s tricky coordinating all of their schedules!
- I’ve been reading The Home Edit by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin. Nothing groundbreaking, but very pretty to look at! Best advice: Broaden the labels (“snacks” vs “Ritz crackers” or “fruit rollups,” so your organization can change as your needs do)
- I’ve also been reading a friend’s work-in-progress (WIP) novel. So far it’s pretty good!
- The blog goes live! I’ve been wanting to share about Christian minimalism for a while, so I’m really excited to help other women sort through the clutter to pinpoint their values and focus on what really matters to them.
- It’s my birthday—whoop whoop!
- I’ve always had weird teeth, but over the years my bite has shifted enough that I can’t eat properly. That means it’s time for braces! This is the new me for the next couple of years.
- Finally shed my “Internet grandma” status and joined Twitter. It’s fun! You can find me @AprilMackWrites
You can learn more about “now” pages at nownownow.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pages: 1 2